March 25, 2020
Ensuring residents are cared for in a safe and healthy environment is our greatest concern. Our facility has been and is following recommendations of the CDC, state and local health departments with regards to COVID-19. We will continue to stay up to date with their recommendations and will continue to follow their guidance.
COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions: Click Here
Preventative Approaches Taken
- Regular communication with residents and patients
- Daily Symptom Monitoring
- Limiting large group and community events
- Reducing face to face contact opportunities
- Restricting non-essential trips out of the facility
- Restricting non-essential visitation and instead supporting “Virtual Visits”
- Education and training with residents and patients regarding;
- Preventative Measures Taken to Prevent the Spread of Infection
- Hand Hygiene
- Respiratory Etiquette
Families of Residents
- Regular communication provided to all families (Email Blasts, Letters to Residents and Telephone Call Updates) regarding preventative measures taken
- Facebook updates
- Website Updates
Staff and Medical Associates
- Regular messaging to maintain focus on prevention
- Daily symptom monitoring at the start of each shift
- Regular communication regarding current preventative measures taken and new measures as they arise
- Education and training regarding infection control and hand hygiene
- Regular observational audits conducted to ensure compliance with established infection control and hand hygiene requirements
- Establish specific guidelines related to COVID-19
- Re-education regarding appropriate cleaning and sanitation protocols
- Review established emergency preparedness plans and response
Public at Large
- Entrance notices informing of current non-essential visitation restrictions in place as a preventative measure
- Large group events have been cancelled and will alternatively be conducted using webcasts whenever possible.
- Entrance notices with CDC guidance are present in each facility lobby and corporate office.
- Regular communication with State regulatory agencies regarding preventative practices taken.
- Daily communication with and receipt of updates from:
- Local public health authorities
- Regular communication with Vendors and Suppliers to ensure appropriate supplies and provisions are available for use. At this time, we expect no supply disruption for:
- Medical Supplies
- Vendors and Suppliers have been notified of our safety and screening requirements.